Saturday, November 24, 2012

DIY - Plastic Welder Repair on a Headlight

 This is a basic DIY using Plastic Welder to repair and mold a plastic part on my headlight . This can be used on other plastic parts that need repair .



There are two types of plastic welder but I bought this one cause it is super high pressure .



 
I removed my headlight and as you can see in the other photos the piece that is broken . This is the stud that holds the headlight to the fender . With out this the headlight will be hard to align the beam straight .

 
Remove this center piece cause this is your mixing stick .
 

 
Then you snap the bottom cause that is your lid to keep the glue from drying .
 



 
I wore plastic gloves then I mixed the glue as the directions said then I rolled the broken piece in the glue . Now this doesn't dry quick but don't let it sit cause it will dry .
 
 
 
This is the first coat . You let sit dry for about 30 minutes then if you wish you can keep on applying .
 



 
I used the whole tube in 3 separate applies . The good thing with this you can sand paper this if you desire but in my case I didn't have to .
 
 
 
 
 
I let it set over night to better dry then I put my headlight back on . I was able to hand tight down the nut and it kept from breaking . This held up real good .
 
I have been told you can use this to glue stuff together as long as it is plastic to plastic .
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
.

1 comment:

  1. This is a basic DIY using Plastic Welder to repair and mold a plastic part on my headlight . This can be used on other plastic parts that need ... oplasticwelder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete