Wednesday, June 28, 2017

DIY - 2000 Infiniti I30 Front & Rear Motor Mounts Replacement

This is a DIY for a 2000 Infiniti I30 front and rear ELECTRONIC motor mounts .




Get the vehicle as high as you can and use jack stands . I never done this on this type of vehicle so I put two jack on each end of the motor so it doesn't drop because I will be removing the whole middle sub frame .



This is really easy and the access to the top center bolts are easy to get to . Once you remove the top center bolt on the front and rear mount . 



Make sure you unplug the motor mounts in this photo I already had my air filter box off because the rear mount wire runs under the starter and yes there are clips along the route .

The front one is easy all you have to do is unplug it from the top .




Now you remove the three bolts in the front of the sub frame then the two in the rear of the sub frame but be careful this will drop .





Now on this vehicle it has electronic motor mounts that if you do not put the same you will have vibration in the motor and your service engine soon light will be on . There is a reason for this wires .

Make sure wires face out driver side . In my case I cleaned the oil from the sub frame . 




When you put it back you can put the mounts on the center first then raise the sub frame then bolt to sub frame or if you keep the mounts on the frame put the center bolts first then bolt in the sub frame . Either way is fine . 

Once you are finished plug in the motor mounts .

This is the easiest motor mount replacement . Other then that wire under the starter and removing the air filter box that is all .






.


No comments:

Post a Comment