Sunday, August 26, 2018

DIY - Repainting Stock OEM RIms using VHT Paint

This is on a Toyota Rav4 but this can be done to any vehicle . 

Issue was rims were fading so I just wanted something to make it look better - I used Rim VHT paint not just any other brand . ( Very High Temperature )



You can either wash the whole rim with Dawn soap and water , Then I used degreaser , Let is sit dry in the sun . 




I found a scotch brite pad just to scuff it a little , You can get more detailed with sand paper but these rims were faded not ruined completely . Then with alcohol for the final wipe of dust and grease .




You can use business cards to protect your tire from being hit with paint . As you can see in the photo how bad the rims were getting . 





I only did two coats because I needed the vehicle right away but if you want to add more or even clear coat that is fine . But for me this is perfect for what I'm looking for . 



Final look .














More DIY on - www.corollacarclub.proboards.com









.

No comments:

Post a Comment