Sunday, September 6, 2015

DIY Replacing Spark Plugs 2000 Infiniti I30

This is a DIY for a Infiniti I30 with a 3.0 Nissan Motor - You DO NOT have to remove the hood but when I did this DIY I was replacing my hood with a new one .






The front plugs are the easiest , All you have to do is remove the single bolt holding the ignition coil - When pulling the coil up use slight twist and pull - Make sure you inspect your coil tips for oil - If you see signs of oil then you need to replace your valve cover and grommets 





I gap my plugs at .44 and use some anti seize - electrical lube - This motor does use double platinum plug








Now the rear plugs are easy to remove - All you have to do is remove the top part of the gas and transmission cable bracket - Again check the coils for oil on the tips - But when you put these plugs back MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM BECAUSE YOU CAN CRACK THE BACK SIDE PLUGS - when tightening plug do it slow and keep the extension straight -  MAKE SURE WHEN YOU DO THIS IT IS SILENCE AS POSSIBLE SO THAT YOU CAN HEAR IF YOU HAVE CRACKED THE PLUG - IF YOU HEAR ANY WEIRD SOUND WHILE TIGHTENING REMOVE THE PLUG TO MAKE SURE - THERE SHOULD BE NO SOUNDS WHEN TIGHTENING THESE PLUGS - Once you done all of then then you can put the coils back on 




more diy @ www.corollacarclub.proboards.com 







.

No comments:

Post a Comment